Sunday, September 22, 2013

Action Research Update

Well, it's that time to update you all on the action research project!

To recap from previous posts, my action research project looks at the use of a computer based language development program (ILE) to increase vocabulary performance on our Istation assessment program.  At this time, I have worked with my principal and CTA to implement the use of this program.  The entire timeline of my action research has been pushed back a bit as minor setbacks have occurred. The number of seats we were going to be given and students to be enrolled and withdrawn changed several times and created confusion among staff.  It did not roll out as smoothly as anticipated but we are up and running now. This year, our campus has a greater number of seats to accommodate our student population so we are going to start this year off with new data.  At the closing of the academic school year last year, we were the highest ranking school in our district that is piloting this program in regards to language development growth.  The access to data was also a problematic area last year as I nor my principal had access to student reports. We had to contact our district's bilingual department to have reports emailed to us. This year, I will be brought in and given access as well as thorough training on the report indicators so that we can fresh with our data collection.  As our student enrollment is leveling out after four weeks of school, we are gathering a student roster of who will be participating this year.  My principal and I will be meeting monthly to discuss usage and reports in correlation to our Istation assessments that are conducted at the beginning of each month.  I am very ready to get the ball rolling on this project and look forward to seeing some student growth!

Hope all is going well with you all and I will keep you posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment